Friday, March 30, 2012

Wood Chips

Killing time and slaying dragons!
Wood chips

wood chips, wood chips everywhere
whatever should I do
sweep them all up into a pile
and grab a bottle of glue.
To the carving that they came from
I try to paste them on
little piece here, little slice there
until the pile is gone
now I'm right back where I started
with a modest block of wood
Can no longer see my carving
It wasn't very good.
But again I start to chisel
again the wood chips fall
covering up my legs and feet
till I can't see them at all
I look up at my carving
and its exactly as before
just a mediocre carving,
a pile of wood chips on the floor
Some days can just be magic
other days nothing goes my way
wood wants to be what it wants to be
and tomorrow's another day


Maura Macaluso

No comments: